CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 20, 2007

8 Week Appt


Last Friday we had our 8 week appointment for the babies, and so far everything is looking good. They both have perfect heart beats, they are growing appropriately (they are about 15mm), and for the first time we were able to see their head, arms, and legs! They share a gestational sac, but they have a dividing membrane, so they each have their own room. That is really good because it lowers the chance of them getting tangled in each other, and acquiring certain twin complications.

My doctor said that if she had to guess, right now she would say they are identical. I found this extremely amusing, because prior to that visit, I attributed the fact that we are having twins to genetics (since my brothers are fraternal twins), and if they are in fact identical, it has nothing to do with genetics- Its just bad luck

Our next milestone will be the 12 week point. After that point, the chance of miscarriage drops significantly, as does the possibility of vanishing twin syndrome. This whole endeavor is going to be an adventure, as I am going to be high risk for the entirety of the pregnancy (because I am having more than one baby).

Physically I feel really good. I have had a little heartburn, and some nausea here and there, but I have yet to throw up. I am incredibly thankful for that! I have an itty-bitty teeny-weeny baby bump, but if you didn't know I was pregnant you would probably assume I just drink too much beer

Right now we are taking things as they come, one day at a time. We are very thankful everything is going fine at this point, but we are aware of the fact that we still have a long ways to go. I will keep you updated with any new developments!

0 comments: