CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

14 Months Old!!


Well the girls are 14 months old today (just over 11 months adjusted) and they are both doing great!! I am finally starting to admit to myself that my babies are turning into toddlers, and it makes me sad. However, this stage really is a lot of fun. They are both walking now 95% of the time, and they get better and better everyday. Kylee is nearly ready to start running! It's funny because I was so fearful of two walking babies at the same time, but really it actually makes things a lot easier. They are much happier because they can get where they want to go, when they want to go there.

In the last week or so, the girls have really started to become little cuddle bugs. Before they were always way too busy to give me (or anyone else for that matter) Love. Now they walk over to me and give me hugs and kisses all day long. It's the sweetest thing ever! I was giving Kaylyn a hug yesterday and I was patting her back, and she started patting mine. It was adorable!

They both currently have 6 teeth (2 on top and 4 on bottom). I haven't been brave enough to stick my fingers in there in the last week or so, so I really don't know if there are any more coming in or not.

We are definitely entering the "Monkey-See, Monkey-Do" phase. As funny as it is to see them mimic us, we really have to be careful now of what we say and do! These two are like little sponges! We are currently working on teaching them the hand motions to the song "Itsy Bitsy Spider", and the girls will consistently put their hands together to do the spider, and they can also do the "down comes the rain" part with their hands. And of course we always clap in celebration after every song. It's so cute!!

I cannot even tell you how many weird sounds and noises these girls makes. They have quite a few "tricks". Kaylyn just learned how to blow bubbles with her spit, so that's always fun. And I never knew there could be so many different variations of raspberries! They also love to click their tongues, and make silly sounds by moving their fingers up and down on their lips!

Sharing is also a new thing in this household. When I started teaching them this I never thought that would include their food as well. They love to try to put their bottle in your mouth, and they even put their bottle to their baby dolls mouth and try and feed them. Their other new favorite thing is to do is put food in their mouth, chew it up, take it back out and feed it to you. I graciously deny this wonderful gift. They will also give us what is in their hands upon request (most of the time!).

This is also a special day to us because One Year ago today, Kaylyn was discharged from the NICU!! Last week when Kaylyn went to the Dr for her follow up, they both got weighed and Kaylyn weighed 23lbs 15oz, and Kylee weighed 22lbs 5oz. I am continually amazed at how well they are doing. They have made so much progress in such a short amount of time. They truly are my little miracles!

4 comments:

Unknown on December 8, 2008 at 2:50 AM said...

Happy 14 months!!! Sounds like the girls are doing wonderfully :) Love hearing that once they start walking it does get a bit easier. Looking forward to walking. That is just too funny about the dog food LOL

dlong on December 8, 2008 at 5:42 PM said...

Glad to hear everybody is doing well! What a scary experience with Kaylyn... I miss talking with you all on the buddyclub but haven't seemed to have a lot of spare time lately....

Karen R on December 8, 2008 at 5:59 PM said...

Sponges, yes! I have to remind Chris to watch his language now, even though she is not using words yet, it is obvious Addisyn is absorbing everything. she is even signing things too... please, thank you, more, and blowing kisses.

ChanceKathleen on December 16, 2008 at 6:31 PM said...

Whew! They are doing fantastic! They sound like peaches, you two must be wonderful parents! Congrats on them doing so well, I love that they are doing the itsy bitsy spider!! cool!