CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008!



I cannot believe how incredibly fast this year has gone. It has been so much fun watching Kylee and Kaylyn grow and learn everyday. It definitely had it's challenging moments, but somehow we made it through! I feel like I have grown so much this past year as a person, as a mother and as a wife. I could not be happier with my wonderful family, and I am so thankful for all that life has given me. I am very excited to see what 2009 has in store for us!

Today we started practicing self feeding with spoons and bowls, and they both did Awesome!! I was so impressed! I expected it to be a huge mess with hardly anything actually making it to their mouths, but I was mistaken. I bought these cool bowls at babies R us that suction to their high chairs to keep them from throwing them on the floor. On the advice of other moms that have already been there, done that I started with yogurt because it's semi-sticky and easy for them to spoon up. Tomorrow morning we will venture with Rice cereal for breakfast and see how that goes.

So I thought I would try giving the girls sippy cups this morning in leau of their normal bottle, and the girls weren't having it. Kylee especially was not happy with this idea. She looked at the sippy cup, then looked at me and instantly started crying. So I made them a bottle and that fixed the problem. I guess they are not quite ready for that yet, so that is fine. I will keep encouraging the sippy cup until they are ready to transition completely.

I hope everyone has a Fun, Safe and Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!! It has been such a great experience watching you and Keith morph into such a fantastic married couple and parents. Thank you for posting and allowing me a peek into your wonderful life, I appreciate it! I wish you all a safe healthy and prosperous new year and I look forward to reading and seeing the girls continue to flourish:)

marcy on January 1, 2009 at 7:19 PM said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! The girls look great feeding themselves. Good luck with the cereal in the morning...

Anonymous said...

Hey
they 2 are so cute :D
i have a question:
Are the both gordon and jonathan in a episode they looks are same ?
can you please give me a answer my e.mail : n_mayer@hotmail.de

Thanks in advance :)