CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Little Escape Artist



This is a post I had hoped I would never have to write, and if I did I was hoping it would still be a while down the road. Unfortunately that is not the case.

It happened. Kaylyn figured out how to climb out of her crib! The first time it happened, I put her to bed upstairs (at grandma and grandpa's house) and I proceeded to do the dishes and the next thing I know I see lights flicking on and off. So a little confused, I walk over to see what is going on and there is my beautiful daughter flicking the light switch! So not only did she climb out, she made it all the way down the stairs as well!!

Hoping that it was just a fluke thing that she got out, I went back upstairs and returned her to her crib. This time I didn't even make it to the bottom of the stairs and she had freed herself! So then I thought I would switch her from the crib to the pack and play and hoped that would contain her. Not a chance. She escaped yet again!

So at this point, I was waving my little white flag and admitted defeat. Since I was alone at G&G's house (Keith was at work), I waited for them to get home to save me! Save me they did, and Kaylyn finally fell asleep in G&G's bed with grandma sometimes after 10pm that night.

It looks as though we are going to have to invest in some crib tents to keep these two contained. They are nowhere ready for big-girl beds, and neither are we! Thankfully they haven't managed to climb out of their cribs here...yet. I am sure its not that far off though as I have already seen Kaylyn get her leg up and almost over the railing.

2 comments:

Unknown on May 15, 2009 at 2:41 AM said...

I am dreading the boys figuring out how to get out of their cribs.

Love the picture of them in the chair.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord! Already?? Thank goodness she didn't hurt herself. And with that said, it's kinds funny. lol I know, I know- paypack's a bitch! Kristin