CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 6, 2009

20 Months Old



For some reason 20 months seems like it is so much older than 19 months! It must be the "2" at the beginning of it, or the fact that we are just that much closer to approaching 2 years old. :( Either way my babies, I mean toddlers are yet another month older!

The girls have both become fiercely independent.
  • They refuse to be held going up or down the stairs any longer. They want to do it themselves, and they don't even want to hold my hand! They hold on to the hand rails and go up and down themselves (with my supervision of course!).
  • They absolutely will not let me feed them anything, again, they want to do it themselves.
  • They want to dress themselves, however they are not exactly proficient at that quite yet. But they are really good at putting their shoes on and off by themselves.
  • They are no longer willing to ride in the shopping cart, they want to push it!
With this newly found independence has brought new challenges, but I love watching them turn into such wonderful little people!

The girls love to talk and they do it all day long! I have no idea how many words they have now, I stopped counting after it hit 100, but I do know its well over that. It is rather entertaining though! The things they come up with and put together blows my mind.
  • They are always asking me, "Daddy Doing" (or insert any other name, including the puppy), apparently they like to be in the loop as to what is going on. They are also aware when someone/something is missing and walk around saying, " W'are you??"
  • When you ask Kylee what her name is, most of the time she replies "Kaylynkylee", despite the fact that we have corrected her many times she still believes that is HER name.
  • If they so much as bump any part of their body, it is an "Owie" and require a kiss to make it "all better!".
  • They can identify and say almost every part of their body including Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, Mouth, Tongue, Teeth, Tummy, Arms, Hands, Fingers, Butt, Legs, Knees, Feet, Toes, and my personal favorite Boobies!
  • Keith told Kylee the other day that she needed to drink to stay hydrated, and ever since then whenever she has her sippy she proclaims, "Hi-dated!".
  • Their demands also crack me up, "Hurry Up", "Come Here", "Hold On", "Come On", "Do It".
  • They are getting better and better about using manners. "Please", "Thank You" and "Bless You" are all becoming regular words in their vocabulary!
  • Whenever they need help with something they come up to me and say, "Help You?" I think they picked that up because I always ask them "Can I help you?"
Both of the girls are very good at identifying different sounds without actually seeing the object. For example when they hear an airplane they say "Ayy-Pane" and point to the sky. The same is true for Birds, puppies kitties and more. I had Keith on speaker-phone yesterday and Kaylyn heard his voice and immediately identified him as "Daddy" and walked over and kissed my phone!

I have two very talented little dancers on my hands!! These girls dance all day. They know the dance/hand motions to lots of different songs including, "I'm a little tea pot", "itsy-bitsy spider", "5 little monkey's jumping on the bed", "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands", and "Head and Shoulders, knees and toes". It is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen! They are always mooving and grooving!

They have both mastered jumping, complete with getting both feet off the ground. They are thrilled with this new accomplishment! They have been working on it for several weeks and it is very neat to see their hard work pay off.

As wonderful as the girls are they still have their moments, as all toddlers/kids do. They have been pushing their limits more frequently lately trying to figure out what they can and can't get away with. It is very frustrating and repetitive, but for the most part they are both very good listeners. Sometimes they will even try to discipline each other and say "No, no Sissy!".

I still can't get over how lucky we are to have these two wonderful little girls! They are such a joy! I can honestly say that there is never a dull moment around here, and they definitely keep me on my toes!

2 comments:

Karen R on June 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM said...

Your girls are SO amazing, are they concert pianists yet? We just got a piano, so the piano pict caught my eye

Unknown on June 9, 2009 at 1:31 PM said...

Such smart beautiful girls!