CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

It Happened



They gave each other Haircuts!!

I am not naive enough to believe that this could never happen. I am well aware of the fact that it happens often, almost like a milestone of sorts. However, I did not think that I would have to deal with this at 2! I thought I had a couple years, at least.

You are probably wondering how and why 2 year old's even have access to scissors, right?

The simple answer to that question, is that Keith innocently enough, left a pair of scissors on our bathroom counter. The girls are not typically in our bathroom, so he probably was not a vigilant as he could have been.

Keith and I were in our bedroom putting some laundry away and Kylee walked up to us with something in her hand. Keith asked her what it was, to which she promptly replied, "It's Kylee Hair!".

I had to have Keith assess the damage because I was literally sick to my stomach. Their hair was finally long enough for me to put back in a ponytail! Gah!!!

It turns out, Kaylyn got a nice chunk of her bags cut out. I of course was in the process of growing their bangs out (which is no east feat), so back to square one with that one. Kylee had 4 or 5 chunks cut out throughout her head (thankfully, all on the under side) to her scalp. Most of the chunks were on either side of her head, leaving the back of her hair to look rat tail-esque.

I took them in to the professional's where they trimmed their bangs, and cut about 2" off the back to even it out. It's not as bad as it could have been I guess, but I'm still sad. I won't be able to pull Kylee's hair back for quite a while.

It will grow back. It will grow back. It will grow back.....

1 comments:

KGplus3 on April 18, 2010 at 8:16 PM said...

Big hugs to you. I can only imagine how bummed I'd be. (I BETTER not ever experience this!) The pics don't look too bad, but I'm sure it was A LOT worse in person. You're right- it will grow back. It will grow back. Xoxo