CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Potty Training Hiatus


No joke, after my last Potty Training blog post in March, the very next day both of the girls were back on Track with Potty Training. They were doing great, and accidents were very few and far between. This last for an entire month, and I was so relieved and thought the worst was behind us.

I was wrong.

Almost a month to the day, BOTH of the girls decided they were not going to use the potty any longer. They wanted nothing to do with it. And there was nothing that I could say or do to convince them otherwise. Accidents were occurring more often than success. They know how and when to use the potty. It was just becoming a battle of wills and I was losing.

I tried to ride it out in hopes that they would bounce back like they had in the past, but no such luck. My patience was wearing thin, and I finally decided that we ALL needed a break from this potty training business so I put them back in Pull ups.

I chose pull ups over diapers (despite the fact that they are much more expensive) so they could still use the potty if and when they felt the need to and they wouldn't be held back in anyway from making progress.

I am going to give them a month or so, and we will try again. I have done a lot of reading and talking to other parents, and apparently this is very normal, yet Frustrating nonetheless.

The girls are still very young. Most kids don't potty train until closer to 3 or later, so we still have time.

I am confident that one of these days we will truly be done with Diapers. Today is just not that day, and tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2 comments:

Crafty Girl Creations on April 17, 2010 at 7:49 AM said...

Hopefully they get back on track soon for you! Kaylee no longer wears diapers at all, I heard that once they are out o diapers to never go back. She uses the pull ups at night time only right now. So far it have been over a month she has been using the potty and is doing well. Wyatt on the other hand, has no interest what so ever!!

Hang in there, they will go back to using the potty!

Hugs to you all!

KGplus3 on April 18, 2010 at 8:15 PM said...

:-( Sorry Kyrstyn. That sucks!!! They'll be back soon.