CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bedrest


So yesterday was a rough day. I woke up in the morning and had terrible cramping/pressure, and I was a little concerned. I drank some water and laid down for a little while hoping it would go away, and it did not so I called my Dr. She wanted me to come in right away, so I did.

I went down there and she does the ultrasound of the girls, and they look great. One of them is head down, and the other one is transverse. Then she measured my belly, and this week we are measuring at 35 weeks!! They are getting really big! Anyways, she measures my cervix and it is 37mm. She says we worry when it gets to 35mm, but its dangerous if it gets to anything less than 25mm. So we are kind of borderline worrying at this point. Her concern is that I am still so early on that we don't want to take any chances.

Her first response was that I was to be out of work immediately, but I talked her down to shortening my days instead- At least for the next couple of weeks until I can get my replacement trained, and get the bid done. So we agreed on 6 hours days for now, but she said that if my cervix shortens any more when I come in for my appointment next week I am out of work, no questions asked. In the meantime, she said that if I am not at work, I am to be in bed on my left side. So it looks like I am doomed to bedrest until these babies come.

Today is the first day of bedrest for me, and I am already going crazy!! I am sooo bored, and I feel like there is so much that I should be doing. But I know that right now I have follow Dr's orders to ensure that my babies are healthy. Well, that is all for now. I will let you know if anything changes.

0 comments: