CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

We made it through the first night...



Well, Keith had to work this morning so he bailed to the couch and left me by myself with the girls last night. They woke up for their 2am feeding and I grabbed who I thought was Kylee (it was actually Kaylyn and I didn't even realize it until I went to grab the other one!) and fed her. The entire time I was feeding one the other was screaming at the top of her lungs! The whole feeding process took about an hour and a half!! After all that crying you would think they would go right to sleep, Right? Wrong! They were up and fussing for at least another 2 hours. By the time I got them both to sleep I had to wake them up for their next feeding! So pretty much I think I got a whopping total of 2 hours of sleep for the entire night. The joys of being a twin mom I suppose.

This morning we have already done 2 baths and right now Grandma is watching them so I can take a quick nap before the next feeding. This mom thing is a lot of work, but it is so worth it. They are absolutely amazing!!

This afternoon the girls and I are going to take a road trip down the hill to see Kristi. It will be my first outing with both of the girls by myself. It should be interesting.

Hopefully tonight will go a little smoother. Keith doesn't have to work tomorrow so he will be helping me. I'm sure once we are able to establish a routine things will go much more efficiently.

It is so weird that I don't have to go down to the hospital today. It has been my daily routine for months now. I even called the girls primary nurse this morning (at the same time I normally would for my morning update) because she was not there yesterday when Kylee was discharged. She was very sad that she didn't get to say goodbye, so I think we are going to do lunch sometime soon.

Im off to catch up on some ZZZ's while I can....

0 comments: