CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

My First Days at a Stay at Home Mom



This week was the first week that I was home by myself with the girls while Keith was at work. The first day was pretty rough. I could not feed, change or hold them fast enough. They were both screaming at the top of their lungs!! Thankfully in the afternoon Marcy came over and helped me. I have never been so happy to see another set of arms in my life! The next day Marcy left in the early afternoon, and I was once again alone with the girls. Things were a lot better though. They were very mellow and just woke up to eat. Then yesterday I did it all by myself all day! Things went well, and we even ran some errands. It was a very good day.

This stay at home mom thing is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Its definitely a 24 hour a day job and its very tiresome. Its all good until they both decide to cry at the same time. When that happens I just want to break down and cry with them. I'm sure we will get into a rhythm soon and things will be much easier as time goes on.

Both of the girls are doing fabulous. They are both over 7lbs now, and their pediatrician is very happy with their progress. They both have made great strides in the eating department as well. Typically they will now eat between 3-4oz at each feeding, and they have finally mastered the suck, swallow, breath thing. Kylee has a little bit of reflux, so the Dr prescribed some prevacid and we started adding rice cereal to her bottles to help her keep it down. It seems like it is working.

Apparently Enfamil has a program right now for families with multiples and they are offering free formula for an entire year. My pediatrician is going to contact the rep and take care of it for us. That is such good news for us, right now we are spending about $15 a day in formula, and they aren't really eating that much at this point. It could not have come at a better time.

The nights aren't too bad, even though we are not even close to them sleeping through the night. Typically, they wake up when they are hungry and I feed them then they just go right back to sleep. If only one of them wakes up, I will wake the other one so they are somewhat on the same schedule.

That's pretty much all of the news in our world right now. Hope everyone has a safe and fun new years!!

0 comments: