CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

We're Moving Home


Its been a crazy last few months and we having not lived at our house since September 15th, and its now time to go home. Originally we were going to wait until the kitchen was done being remodeled, but our house has been left unattended for too long. The cats need some loving, the lawn needs mowing, and most importantly my tempurpedic mattress misses me so. I am so excited to be back in my own house with my family. We have been working towards this moment for so long and it is almost here.

The girls are doing great. I think they are having a growth spurt because they both have been sleeping quite a bit. Tomorrow they both have an appointment with the pediatrician, and I am hoping they have had good weight gain in the last week.

On Tuesday Kylee had an appointment with the optometrist. They found that she has stage 1 retinopathy of prematurity (ROP). ROP occurs when abnormal blood vessels grow and spread throughout the retina, the tissue that lines the back of the eye. It is very common in premature babies. At this point they are not worried about it but they are going to follow her very closely to make sure that it does not progress. If it does progress they will use a laser to stop the growth of the blood vessels. She has her next appointment next wednesday.

The feedings are still going so-so. Neither one of them is doing spectacular, but they are doing just enough to get by. Kaylyn is a little better and a little more consistant but that has been the case from the beginning. I am told the older they get the better their feedings will go. The main thing right now is that they continue to gain weight.

I was reading today that 70% of parents of multiples end up in divorce. Kind of a staggering statistic. I was talking with Keith about that, and not only could neither one of us imagine doing this alone. We both agreed that this whole situation has made our marriage just that much stronger. I love him so much. He is such a great husband and an awesome father.

That is all for now. If I dont get a chance to update in the next few days I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas. I know we will! I got the best Christmas present in the entire world-My two beautiful baby girls!!

0 comments: