CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

No, Names, Reading, and Toddling


Kylee has learned to shake her head back and forth and I am trying to figure out how to teach her that it means no without abusing that word. Whenever she does it I always say "No, no, no" in a nice voice and hopefully eventually she will catch on. Its so funny, and she truly gets a kick out of herself when she does it.

They are both getting really good at responding to their names. We have been working on it A LOT and I think its finally starting to sink in!

Both of the girls are quite the little readers. In the last week they have both really taken to being read to. Before they would constantly grab at the book and try to eat it and not really pay too much attention. But now, they will both sit contently and point and the different pictures, and they really seem to enjoy it. This makes me happy because starting Sept. 9th we are going to start Baby Sign and Story time at our local library every Tuesday, so hopefully they will like that as well.

So right before I put the girls to bed tonight, I was making bottles and the girls were playing on the floor-Well I look over and Kylee is walking down the hallway pushing her walker! I am honestly surprised she didn't land on her face because her balance isn't all that good but she was just cruising right along. I would have grabbed the camera, but I was afraid she was going to eat it. They can both walk just holding on to just one finger with one hand, but they are pretty wobbly.

I hope everyone had a Great Weekend!!

3 comments:

Unknown on August 25, 2008 at 4:14 AM said...

Can't wait to hear how Baby Sign goes!

Karen R on August 25, 2008 at 9:27 PM said...

wow! they are really doing great! they're accomplishing sooo much lately!

CJ on August 28, 2008 at 8:46 AM said...

Hi! I found your blog through Busted Babymaker. Are you twin girls identical? I am having fraternal boys and I am at 19 weeks today!