CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

No More Bottles for my Big Girls! :(


I am happy to report that we are starting off 2009 with a new accomplishment! The girls have not had a bottle since Thursday night!! I have come to learn that most of the things you are required to do as a parent are usually harder on you than they are for your little one's, at least that is what I keep telling myself to make myself feel better! I decided to do the "Cold Turkey" approach and do away with the bottles all at once, rather than dragging it on forever. The first day (yesterday) was not an easy day for any of us, but we survived and today has proved to be much better!

There are several reason's I chose to do this now, rather than later. The first being, the longer I wait the more attached they are going to be to their bottle therefore making this process even more difficult. The second reason being now that the girls are completely transitioned to whole milk, they do not need the same volume that they were getting with formula as it does not provide adequate nutritional value. Most of their nutrients need to come from their food, and if they are filling up on milk they are not going to be taking in enough food. Already in just two days the girls food intake has gone up dramatically! Thankfully this process has not seemed to interupt their sleep habits in the least, and they still slept through the entire night last night.

So there you have it! My toddlers are now Bottle Free!

*I posted that picture for you Grandma, I thought you might like to remember the last time you got to feed them their bottles!

4 comments:

Karen R on January 4, 2009 at 12:51 PM said...

congrats on the latest milestone! Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Woo~Hoo!!!! Congratulations and here is to many more milestones to come:)

Cynthia on January 4, 2009 at 6:46 PM said...

That's great Krystyn! I'm so glad it was relatively easy. We are almost bottle free here too.

Unknown on January 7, 2009 at 3:59 PM said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!