CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 6, 2009

16 Months Old!!



Here we are, and the girls are 16 months old already!! The last month has been crazy busy with all of us being sick, Keith's academy and everything else going on. But I have lots of new and exciting things to share!

I just made a list of all the girls words they say now, and each one of them has about 25 words (not including Animal sounds)! I don't count a word until they use it fairly consistently, and in the proper context. They both can say about 10 different animal sounds correctly. They can also identify about 8 different parts of the body. Kaylyn's vocabulary has increased tremendously in the last month and she is now pretty much caught up with Kylee. I find it funny, that out of all of the words that they have that neither one of them has learned how to say "No"!

Kaylyn is my little climber through and through, and it is going to drive me crazy!! She attempts to climb in Everything! This child is seriously fearless! I spend the majority of each day just getting her down from places she managed to climb up on.
Kylee's favorite thing to do is play with her baby dolls. She loves to push them in her little stroller, and feed them their bottles, cuddle with them and put them in their bed. It's very cute! She also loves to "dress up", and wear pretty necklaces and bracelets, and she tries to get pretty things to stick in her hair.

The girls are obsessed with Music and Dancing!! Both of the girls can do all the hand motions for "Itsy-Bitsy Spider", "Head and Shoulders, Knee's and Toes" and "Patty-Cake". Kylee can even sing the Alphabet until the letter G! She also has the "E-I-E-I-O" down for the song "Old McDonald had a Farm", and she even inserts different animals at the appropriate time.

We have been working a lot with blocks and learning how to stack, as well as doing different puzzles, sorting different shapes, and building with Legos. They are both getting really good at it! They are obsessed with books, and love to be read to.


One thing they both figured out how to do recently, (that I am not too excited about) is Opening doors! Nothing is safe anymore! I went out and bought the locks to put on the door handles to keep them out of places they don't need to be. Now that I finally have everything Baby-proofed in this house, it's now time to Toddler-proof!

We are down to the final stretch of Keith's academy!! Only one week left, thank Goodness!

8 comments:

whose plan is this on February 6, 2009 at 9:21 AM said...

Ooohhh!! They are so cute! I love the Valentine tees and hair, red is their color! We just finished baby proofing, so I guess there will be more? Ugh!

Anonymous said...

I saw a comment you left on the twinstuff forum, and wanted to check out your blog. Your girls are soooo beautiful! I'm 26 weeks pregnant with twin girls and am at home with a terbutaline pump and contraction monitor that I wear a couple times a day. Were you contracting at all when you went into the hospital that day you didn't "feel right?"--When they noticed you were funneling and all of that? So far I haven't had any cervical change. I was scared last night...i had 20 min of horrible nausiating pressure but it subsided. The nurse for my monitor wasn't worried at that point. I'd LOVE to hear from you! Andrea andsmitty@yahoo.com

Karen R on February 7, 2009 at 12:33 PM said...

Kyrstyn, your girls are SO AMAZING! I can't believe everything they are doing and saying--so many words! We are still listening to Addisyn point and grunt.

marcy on February 7, 2009 at 4:49 PM said...

I love the pigtails! Too cute. I miss all of you!

Cynthia on February 7, 2009 at 8:23 PM said...

OMG! They are adorable. I can't believe how long their hair has gotten. I am so jealous!!

It's neat to see some of the same toys and such in your house that we have in ours.

Love the update <3

Unknown on February 8, 2009 at 6:02 AM said...

They are doing so great!!!! Love the pigtails...adorable!!

Anonymous said...

The girls are turning into such beutiful girly~girls! Love the pigtails!!!! I hope you all are doing great and congrats to Keith!!!

KGplus3 on February 11, 2009 at 2:57 PM said...

It's SO fun to see what your little cuties are doing. They've come so far & I'm so proud of them & YOU for doing such a fgreat job as their Mommy!! Xoxo