CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Be Careful what you Say!!




I am starting to realize that the girls understand far more than I ever imagined. Even though they cannot communicate everything they want/need, they have started following simple commands. Yesterday Kaylyn wanted to go Bye, Bye and I told her it was cold outside and she needed more clothes on. She then proceeded to walk over to the laundry basket, grab some clothes, put them on her head and pointed and said "Bye, Bye" again! I was in shock she understood what I had said!

They are also very good at following simple commands, like:
  • Where is your Sippy? (they will then go get it)
  • Where is Kaylyn/Kylee? (they will locate each other)
  • Where is your puppy, baby, blocks etc... (they will retrieve or point)
  • Show Mommy how you can ride your Pony. (they will walk over and get on their pony and start riding)
  • If I ask them if they need a new Diaper, they will go get me one to change them
  • When I tell them it's time to go "Night, Night", they walk over to the baby gate to go upstairs
It is so fun to watch their bond grow. More and more they are playing together and even starting to share (sometimes!!). The other day Kaylyn was eating a pear, and Kylee came up and sat next to her. Kaylyn handed to pear for Kylee to take a bite, and Kylee handed it back to her once she was done. They passed it back and forth until the pear was all gone. It was so sweet!

One of my favorite things that they just started doing is giving each other Kisses! I haven't been lucky enough to get a picture of it just yet, but it just might be the cutest thing I have ever seen.

5 comments:

KGplus3 on February 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM said...

Ahhh, I love the pear story!! So sweet. And how Kaylyn went to put on more clothes? Too funny! Yah, you'd better watch what you say! lol So sweet they're giving eachother kisses. What sweet girls!!!

Karen R on February 13, 2009 at 9:53 PM said...

I like the pear story too! You have smart little girls--good job mommy!

Unknown on February 14, 2009 at 5:04 AM said...

They are too sweet!!

marcy on February 14, 2009 at 12:51 PM said...

I can't believe how long it's been since i've seen you and the girls. I can't wait to seee you again (i think my mom may even have a christmas present for you still at her house!). Congrats to Keith on his graduation too!

Cynthia on February 14, 2009 at 6:41 PM said...

OMG.. the pear thing sounds so completely adorable! How sweet is that?!