CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

22 Months Old



OK, this is getting ridiculous! Time is just going way too fast! I can't even wrap my head around the fact that the girls are going to be 2 in just two more short months!

This last month has brought some new independence for the girls. They are now successfully transitioned into their big girl beds! I thought for sure it was going to be a nightmare, but it was such an easy transition for all of us, and we have had no issues whatsoever! They sleep so much better in their new beds. The other night they did a little switch-a-roo on me and switched beds without me knowing. I went into their room the next morning, and I was really confused! It has been a while since I have had to do a double take, and it definitely took me a minute to figure out what was going on!

The girls also decided the other day that they were "All Done high chairs". They now sit at the table in booster seats. Now that they are finally over their plate flipping stage, I figured now was just as good of time to do it than any. They do a great job sitting at the table like big girls!

The newest thing around here is that the girls want to know where everyone is. Every morning they do a roll call of all the people in their life that they see often, and I tell them where everyone is. This list even includes C.J., who is Grandma and Grandpa's dog!

"Mine" and "My ...." are also getting to be popular words around here. They are sure to let us know what belongs to them! A couple of weeks ago we were at the play area at the mall, and both of the girls were off playing. A little boy came up and sat next to me and was showing me his car that he had. Kaylyn saw this and immediately ran across the entire play area, climbed up on me and told the little boy "My Mommy!".

They are also big letting us know what belongs to who. They are constantly properly identifying different belongings and associating them with the rightful owner. For example, if they find one of Keith's shirts, it's "Daddy's shirt", if they see my sunglasses, it's "Mommy's Glasses". The list goes on and they do this with everything!

These girls definitely have a gift of gab! The talking never ends, and if for some reason it is quiet chances are that they are doing something they aren't supposed to! They now speak in 2-4 word phrases a lot of the time. I am amazed by the stuff they pick up!

With the remodeling of the girls new room for their new beds, we finally got their growth charts hung up. As of last week both of the girls were just a hair under 36" tall. I cannot believe that they are not even 2 yet, and they are already 3ft tall!

It has been a really fun month! Everyday they continue to grow, learn and amaze us!

4 comments:

Unknown on August 6, 2009 at 5:56 PM said...

Wow, time is flying!! They are doing so great...you are such an awesome mom!

Arjun and Indira on August 6, 2009 at 8:02 PM said...

Happy 22 months! Love the roll call and inventory!

marcy on August 6, 2009 at 10:55 PM said...

tall with the gift of gab...hmmmm...where would they get those traits!!

Annie on August 7, 2009 at 6:30 PM said...

Happy 22 months!!!