CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Long Overdue Update on the Girls



I actually had to go back and read my last blog that I posted because it had been so long I forgot. The girls have now been home for just over a month, and they are definitely keeping us busy... Before I go into news about the girls, there is other news in the Naylor world!

Keith got offered a new job at Miramar as a single role paramedic. He will be working as a civilian at the Miramar marine base. It is about twice as much money, full retirement, and he will get all of the benefits of being in the military. He is super excited. Next Tuesday he has a physical and a drug test, and I'm sure its not going to be much longer after that until he starts. He will be staying part time at Rural Metro because Miramar isn't that busy and he wants to keep his skills up.

We also found out last week that Keith won 2 free tickets to Hawaii! Apparently, Hawaiian airlines donated them in light of the recent fires and they did a raffle drawing and Keith won! We don't know when exactly we are going yet, but probably sometime this year. We will be taking the girls with us as they can just ride on our laps. If anyone needs a trip to Hawaii after the last year of our lives-Its us!!

Now onto our little darlings. They are both getting so big. Kylee had a Dr appointment yesterday and she weighed 8lbs 6oz. Kaylyn didn't get weighed but I am sure that she is over 9lbs, she is our little porker. Kylee also had her eyes checked last week and all of her retinopathy is gone!! They are both as healthy as can be now.

I am starting to get this twin mommy thing down. Its definitely challenging at times, but we muscle through it. I have mastered the skill of feeding and burping two babies simulaneously. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I turn on TLC and watch the moms with quints and sextuplets and then I don't feel so bad.

The nights aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. Partly because I have mastered feeding them both at the same time and partly because they are sleeping more. I will typically feed them around 11 and then they will wake up between 3-4 (then they go right back to sleep) and then they will wake up between 6-7. Its not so bad, it really could be a lot worse.

They are starting to get more control over holding their heads up. They still have a little ways to go, but I don't think it will be too much longer. We do a lot of tummy time and that helps strengthen their muscles.

Today they were both soo fussy, so I decided to take them on their first walk around the neighborhood. The minute we left the house, they were instantly calm and couldn't have been happier. They were both wide awake just checking everything out. Then of course once we got back home, they resumed their screaming. It looks like they are going to be outside girls.

Well I just got them both down for a nap and I am going to take advantage of this time and go take a shower! I am so excited!! It's the little things in life these days.

0 comments: