CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Moving Over




Now that the girls are 3 1/2 months old, I am going to attempt (key word Attempt!) to try and update this every couple of days or so, so everyone can be in the loop.

Well, even though the girls actual age is 3 1/2 months, their adjusted age (the date from which they were due) is just shy of 1 month. Their adjusted age will be used for all developmental milestones until they are 2 years old. Both of the girls are really starting to get their own individual personalities. Kylee likes everything done HER way, and Kaylyn is our more laid back little lady. They are both starting to have a lot more awake and alert time. They are able to track things with their eyes now, and love to check everything out. They are both really close to being able to hold their heads up on their own. Its still a little wobbly, but we are getting close.

The newest thing in our household is the inconsolable crying as soon as the sun goes down. I talked with the girls pediatrician, and she said that there have been studies done showing that it is very common for newborns to go through this stage. Oh how I am ready for this stage to be over! I have talked to some other moms that have gone through this and they suggested the DVD (it also comes in a book, but like I have time to read!) Happiest Baby on The Block. Apparently it teaches you to teach the babies how to self soothe without them crying it out. So hopefully it comes soon, I just ordered it a couple of days ago.

I don't have any recent weights on the girls, but if I had to guess I would say they are both over 9lbs. Kaylyn is still a little bigger than Kylee. Their next Dr appointment is next Friday and they will both get weighed then. That is also when they will be getting their 4 month shots...that is not going to be fun!

Alright, that is all for now...I have to try to get some sleep while I can.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love these updates.. this is a cool little blog thingy.. im glad you even have to time to update us all as often as you do!!! Fabulous!! lol.. ok so i miss u and were still on for lunch/dinner.. have a great time this weekend.. im jealous lol..