CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

So Much to Share!



I had trouble coming up with a title for this one, because I really have so much to share. I have slacked off a little bit on keeping this up to date like I used to. I guess that's what happens when you are chasing after two toddlers all day!

Both of the girls are starting to put 2-3 words together now! Some of the most common are "Night Night Momma" (or whoever happens to be around), "Bye, Bye (insert whoever is leaving here) and "No, No Puppy". Their vocabulary continues to grow each day, and if I had to guess I would say they each have about 35-40 words now. They are constantly talking all day long! They do tend to get a little shy around strangers, but usually once they warm up to them a bit they start talking up a storm! I was blown away tonight after I gave them a bath and I was getting them ready for bed, and I got out their pajamas and Kaylyn said "Hippo Jamma's", then Kylee was pointing and saying "Sissy Hippo". It was adorable!

I am amazed at how long of an attention span both of the girls have. They both love to read, and will sit with me while I read their favorite books over and over again. I have also noticed it when they are coloring, trying to put on their shoes, playing with their mega blocks, and other activities as well. For the most part, they both really like to figure things out and get it right before they move on.

The last couple of days we have been working on counting. Both of the girls can count to 3, however I don't think they actually have the concept of counting down as much as they have memorized how to say "One, Two,Three". It is still progress nonetheless.

I let the girls color with Markers for the first time the other day. I got them an art easel, and it works out perfectly because they each have their own side. I stripped them down to their diapers and let them go at it! They both did a great job, and actually managed to get most of their markings on the paper rather then themselves. The markers were washable and it came right off in the bath. I plan on getting them some paint and paintbrushes in the near future to see how they do with that.

We are currently in quite the clingy phase. They constantly want "up", or if I am sitting they are all over me. Although it can make it hard to get things accomplished, I am enjoying all the cuddles I am getting.

Last week I got our backyard all ready for outside playtime!! I moved their playhouse, slide and Cozy Coupe cars outside (yes, they were all in my living room until then!), and I also got them a sand box and a water table. They LOVE being outside and playing with all of their fun toys. It keeps them entertained for hours. Neither one of them are happy campers when I make them come back in.

The climbing continues, and it continues to drive me crazy! I have to say that I am definitely ready for this monkey stage to be over! If I keep taking everything away that they climb on there isn't going to be anything left in my house! I just had to put the kitchen table chairs in the formal dining room (that they don't have access to) because I was tired of peeling them off of the kitchen table all day.

They are getting a lot better at listening, but they still have their moments where they just completely blow me off. I don't anticipate that fun little trait to end anytime soon, if ever!

4 comments:

Unknown on March 22, 2009 at 5:41 AM said...

Wow Kyrstyn, they are doing so great!!!!! Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun!! Gotta get some pictures up of them outside with all their toys and standing at the easel!! :)

marcy on March 22, 2009 at 5:11 PM said...

Your hair is getting so long! It looks good. Glad you and your monkeys are doing so well!

KGplus3 on March 23, 2009 at 8:43 PM said...

OMG, I can't believe all that their doing! I'm so proud of them. Love the pic of the 4 of you. Adorable. Miss you!!!

Karen R on March 23, 2009 at 9:46 PM said...

okay, I admit I didn't believe you at first when you blogged about all their words, but OH MY! they are doing phenomenal!!!