CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 3, 2007

4 Weeks Old Already



I cannot believe my precious little angels are already 4 weeks old. They have made so much progress over the last month, I am so very proud of both of them.

Yesterday they moved the girls to the less intensive Step Down unit!! This means that they don't require as serious care, so its a big step. I am so happy that they moved the girls at the same time, and they are still next to each other. The nurses has told me previously there was a chance they might have to be split up, but I am very thankful I didn't have to deal with that.

So apparently Kaylyn's scale in her isolette is broken (and apparently has been for some time), and no one caught on to this until her nurse a couple of nights ago thought she looked much bigger than what the bed-scale was reading, so she weighed her on a separate scale and got a much higher, more accurate weight for her. So Kylee does not out-weigh Kaylyn...yet. Its kind of disappointing because for the last week all of Kaylyn's weights are wrong, and it is impossible to say if she has consistently been gaining weight. Kaylyn now weighs 3lbs 15oz, and Kylee weighs 3lbs 8oz. They are both almost a pound over their birth weight!!

They are increasing Kaylyn's feedings every 12 hours, and in about 2 days she should be up to a full feeding and they will be able to discontinue her IV. Kylee is still on full feedings and doing very well with it. The Dr. wrote orders today that I can start "Dry" breastfeeding Kylee tonight. That means that I will pump and then I will put her to my boob. The purpose is to work on getting her to latch on, but we don't want to flood her with breast milk just yet. So hopefully that goes well.

Not much else has changed since yesterday. The Dr came by today and remarked how well they are both doing. I am very hopeful that continues. We are one more day closer to being able to bring them home!!

0 comments: