CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Day from Hell!


Today was Keith's first day at his new job, and my first day of many home alone with the girls. I don't know what it was, but ALL day the girls were crying. I don't think there was more than 5 minutes all day long where both of them were quiet. Neither one of them took a nap that was more than 20 minutes long. Right when they would fall asleep, they would wake up screaming at the top of their lungs.

Finally at about 4:30, I called the expert (grandma) and asked her for some advice. We both thought that maybe they were constipated, and the q-tip solution was in order. Usually Keith does this, but that was not an option as he will not be home until Thursday. So I geared myself up for this adventure, got all the supplies and low and behold Kylee had already pooped (A Lot!!), that was a relief! Now it was on to Kaylyn and wouldn't you know it, she pooped too! I think they heard me talking to grandma about the q-tips and they beat me to it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem as though pooping was the problem after all. It has been 4 hours since the great poop and they are still fussy as can be. They are fed, changed, clean and swaddled. I have tried everything I can think of. Even the Happiest Baby on the Block can't hold up to them today. They are both just now starting to doze off, but definitely still fighting it. I can't imagine that they are not exhausted, they have been up ALL day!! I am hoping that tomorrow is better. We are going to go down to grandma's early! I am going to go crazy if I stay here and endure a repeat of today.

As I said earlier Keith started his new job today. I haven't really had a chance to talk to him, but he has sent me a few text messages and things seem to be going well. He has yet to even run one call. I think he is pretty bored. He is going to have to invest in some books or something. So originally we thought that his last day of this long stretch was going to be next Wednesday morning, well it turns out he has training until next Friday (the 22nd). So between now and next Friday he will have the 14th off and that is all. His new schedule will be 48 hours on, 24 hours off, 8 hours on, 48 hours off, 48 hours on, 24 hours off, 8 hours on, 96 hours off. Yeah, we will need a calendar to keep track of that! But its pretty cool that every 2 weeks he will get 4 days off, that will make for some good river trips!

Alright, well I am going to enjoy the few minutes of peace and quiet that I have.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting lazy on the comments! But I am so proud of you for keeping this up and making a smilebox! It was soooo cute, I loved how you had the NICU pics in there. The really have come a long way! Hopefully today was better for you, sorry my phone cut out earlier... I can't wait till I can come out and see you and the girls again!!!

Love,
Marcy