CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 15, 2008

Teething, Reflux and I think they're getting Sick!!


The last few days have been miserable! I ended up going to grandma's house on Tuesday and Wednesday so she could help me with my incredibly fussy babies. Kaylyn had been chomping on her hands and drooling quite a bit, so we looked in her mouth, and she has a bump on her gums where a tooth is trying to come through, and you can see the tooth through her gums. I could not beleive that she is teething already!! I bought her some baby oragel and some teething rings hoping that would do the trick.

So yesterday she was still so fussy, and had been protesting naps all together for the last few days, so we decided to take her to the Doctor just to be sure everything was OK. The Dr confirmed that yes in fact she is teething, and she also thought that she has really bad reflux which was also contributing to her fussiness. She recommended that we try giving her prevacid to help with that. We gave her the first dose last night and so far it seems to be helping.

Then this morning, both of the girls sound really congested and have been coughing. Ugh!! What a week they chose to get sick! Keith had yesterday off but he had to go back to work this morning and won't be home for the next 4 days!

Wish Me Luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give the girls loves from their Auntie Marcy! I hope they get better soon...and you can regain some sanity!

Love,
Marcy

Anonymous said...

Wow, they're teething already! Good excuse to have a small shot of whiskey!!!! In all seriousness, the baby oragel didnt work long enough for Julian and it messed up his tummy so I gave him these little tiny pills. They resemble those candy dots but smaller. They're called Humphreys teeting pearls, definitely Humphreys but not to sure on the teething pearls part of the name. They taste a whole hell of a lot better than the oragel! Good luck, I know you'll prevail! I wish I lived closer so I could help you out, my "baby" will be graduating Jr high this summer:(

Heather & Chaos on February 20, 2008 at 9:33 AM said...

I feel for you on the teething. I am so NOT looking forward to that. The Orajel did not help my son. We used the Hyland's Teething tablets. Oh! I swear by them!! It calms them almost immediately!! Check them out.