CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

15 Months Old!!



Don't ask me how, but another month has passed and the girls are now 15 months old!! I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying this age! I love watching their personalities grow and their skills develop on a daily basis.

Kylee has had quite the vocabulary explosion in the last week, and the clarity of her words is just amazing! She does still babble quite a bit, most of which I can't understand. Some of words she has down are:
  • Baby (If you ask her where her Baby is she will go retrieve it for you)
  • Kitty (pronounced "Titty")
  • Puppy (If you ask her where her Puppy is, and she is outside she walks over to the sliding glass door to find her)
  • Ball (identifies any round object as such)
  • Uh-Oh
  • Daddy
  • Mommy
  • Pretty
  • Papa (for Grandpa)
  • Hi
  • Bye, Bye (with a Wave)
  • What's That?
Kaylyn does not have as many words but she is coming along! She is constantly babbling up a storm, and I am certain the words are going to start flowing in no time! Kaylyn's words include:
  • Ball (identifies any round object as such)
  • Uh-Oh
  • Daddy
  • Mommy
  • Papa (for Grandpa)
  • Bye, Bye (with a Wave)
  • What's That?
They both make an effort to mimic you when you introduce new words. I really believe that they understand way more than they can actually say.

Both of the girls are walking all the time now, and they can both stand up without pulling up onto something. They are excellent at maneuvering uneven surfaces. They are definitely on the verge of running! Time to break out the leashes!

We are still doing well with No Bottles! Yay!! I am amazed at how much food they are eating now. Even though the first couple of days were tough, I am so glad that we made the transition to sippy cups when we did. Not only is it healthier for them (nutrition wise), but the longer we would have put it off they would have been that much more emotionally attached to them and it would have made it that much more difficult.

This Thursday the girls will have their second developmental appointment to check on how they are coming along. I know that I probably shouldn't worry, but I can't help it! I am just ready for this appointment to be over, and I can know exactly where they stand. This stress is killing me!

4 comments:

marcy on January 7, 2009 at 4:39 AM said...

Your girls are doing great, don't worry! You are still the most impatient person I have ever met! Speaking of which, did you ever get that thing in the mail?

Unknown on January 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM said...

They are doing so great!!!!

KGplus3 on January 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM said...

How fun w/ all the words they're saying! Good luck w/ their appt. tomorrow. They'e gonna do GREAT!! You're doing a fabulous job, Momma!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your appt went well, I'm sure they did great!