CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Macrocephaly



So Kaylyn's official diagnosis at this point is Macrocephaly, meaning Big Head. We went to the Dr this morning, and she agreed that the increase in head size is significant enough that an MRI needs to be done to rule out any abnormalities.

Kaylyn's MRI is scheduled for next Wednesday at 10:30. She will have to be there 2 hours prior to the start of the MRI to get her prepped. As of midnight the night before she will not be allowed to eat anything, but thankfully she can still have clear liquids up until 3 hours before the procedure. The MRI of the brain typically takes about 45 minutes, and she will be sedated and intubated through it all. We will not get the results for 2-3 business days, so it is possible we may not know anything until that following Monday.

I am extremely concerned, but I am trying to remain as optimistic as possible. I keep reminding myself that it is a very real possibility that it may just be genetics. Either way it will be good to know one way or the other so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

6 comments:

TwoBabyStones on January 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM said...

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! I miss you guys on TS BC....time is just so limited now. At least we have FB and blogs!
- Becky

Unknown on January 10, 2009 at 5:01 AM said...

*hugs* I hope you guys find out something quickly. I am sure you are incredibly stressed. Keeping you guys in my thoughts.

Cynthia on January 10, 2009 at 7:42 AM said...

Definitely keeping you guys in my thoughts. (hugs) I know you're anxious to get it done and over with and get the results.

marcy on January 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM said...

I'm sure she just has a big head like her daddy :) Your girls are too smart for there to be fluid up there! Love ya and try and relax (a little, i know they're your babies)...

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers! Everything will work out for the best my friend!

Unknown on January 11, 2009 at 7:28 PM said...

Still keeping you guys in my thoughts. I hope you don't mind but I tagged in you in one of my posts.
http://thedoubletroubletwins.blogspot.com/2009/01/photo-tag.html
Thought it would be fun to look back :)