CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 6, 2009

21 Months



I can't believe it's already time to do another monthly blog update?!?! Well here we go....

Over the last month I have had some very comical conversations with the girls, and I thought it would be fun to share a couple of them:

Kylee: "Whoa Mommy, be Careful!!" (as I accidentally hit the curb while driving)
_______________________

Me: Girls it's time for Bed now
Kylee: In a minute Mommy
Kaylyn: Why?
Me: No we are heading up to bed now.
________________________

Kylee: Mommy, Sissy do it
Me: Sissy Did what? (so of course now I have to check it out....turns out Kaylyn pulled out about 5,948 wipes out of the container and spread them across the living room floor)
Me: Kaylyn did you take all those wipes out?
Kaylyn: Yeah!
________________________

Kaylyn: Ice Keen Cone please??
Me: No Kaylyn, we are not having Ice Cream for breakfast
Kaylyn: Ice Keen Cone Please???????

________________________

One big thing the girls have learned this month is that they can both count to 10 by themselves!! I honestly believe that they are understanding the concept of counting as well, and not just memorizing a sequence of words. They count all sorts of different things, from the blueberries on their trays, to their blocks, to the number of magnets hanging on the fridge and more!

I love that with each passing day, I am able to communicate more and more with the girls. They are starting to use more complete sentences, and are very good, for the most part at letting me know what it is they want and when they want it.

I think our wonderful 7pm bedtime is quickly coming to an end. Lately as 7pm rolls around the girls are still rip, rearing and ready to go with no sign of being tired in sight. I don't think it helps that it is still very bright outside during this time. I am hoping that we can reign in the bedtime to maintain around 8pm.

Last week Keith and I were able to get away for four days and go to Vegas!! The girls were lucky enough to spend all 4 days with Grandma and Grandpa!! They did lots and lots of swimming! These girls love the water, and are making good progress at learning how to swim. Thank you G&G for the nice break!

These little girls bring us more joy than I ever knew possible. They are constantly making me laugh and I just can't get enough of them!

3 comments:

Karen R on July 6, 2009 at 10:33 AM said...

I think it's great that you wrote down funny things they do and say. You will have fun reading and remembering those fun times down the road.

Danielle Atkinson on July 7, 2009 at 8:01 PM said...

Look at the litte ladies! How much fun it must be to hang out with those two all day. It seems like such a fun age and I know we'll be there befor I know it!

Unknown on July 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM said...

They sure are growing fast and learning so much. Love the conversations. You have two very bright intelligent girls there. You are doing an amazing job with them.