CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Toddler Bed Transition Update


We are now 2 nights and 2 naps in, and I am happy to report that everything is going wonderfully!! This transition has been surprisingly painless and uneventful for everyone. The girls go right to sleep within 5-15 minutes of being put down, without any issues. I actually think they are sleeping better in their new Big Girl Beds, than they did in their cribs.

The one thing that has shocked me the most is the fact that they don't get out of their beds to explore at all. They stay put in their own beds, yet they didn't even do that in their cribs!! . Maybe they know we are watching them?!?! They each have rolled out of bed a couple times, but that is also improving as they are starting to get the hang of it.

The hardest part of this transition has been having to face the fact that my babies are growing up! They look so big and independent in their new beds!

I have read/heard my fair share of horror stories pertaining to transitioning to beds, but thankfully such was not the case for us. I am sure some nights will be harder than others, but that also happened with then were in cribs. I would have never thought that this transition would have been so easy!!

3 comments:

marcy on July 24, 2009 at 4:55 PM said...

I think they just had too much fun climbing out, it was like a jungle gym! Now you took the fun climbing things out of their room and there's nothing to do but sleep like little angels ;) I'm glad the transition was so painless!

Annie on July 24, 2009 at 5:43 PM said...

So glad the transition was easy.

Have a nice weekend.

Heather & Chaos on July 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM said...

Kyrstyn I hope the transition continues to go smooth! Yeah! My son to this day (it's been almost two years since he got the big boy bed) will still ask if he can get up. =) I just hope my girls are as easy!! They are going to have to wait until the are 4. LOL! (just kiddin' maybe!)