CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Big Girl Beds



Due to the fact that both of the girls are able to get out of their cribs at their own convenience, Keith and I decided that it would be a lot safer to go ahead and make the transition to toddler beds. After a lot of planning, we finally got their new room ready for them today!

We wanted to make it somewhat of a big deal for them, so we pretty much redecorated their entire room. The girls "helped" us as we got everything together. They were so incredibly excited about their new Big Girl Beds!

The funny thing is, when they were in their cribs Kylee was Always in the crib on the left and Kaylyn on the right. Well, with their new beds we let them choose which one they wanted. Kylee chose the bed on the left and Kaylyn the one on the right.

We knew the true test was going to be getting them to bed. Nervously, Keith and I tucked them into bed, left the room and turned on the video monitor to see what they were up to. I am happy to report that it was highly uneventful! Kylee got out of bed once to give her sister a teddy bear, but went right back to bed. There was no crying, no wandering, no playing. They were both sound asleep within 15 minutes.

Being that this is only the first night, I am cautiously optimistic about what the future holds, especially when it comes to nap time. Overall I would say the transition so far has gone seamlessly, and the girls seem to be very happy in their new Big Girl Room!





9 comments:

Karen R on July 22, 2009 at 9:55 PM said...

you did a good job, and so did they...15min is fast to fall asleep. Can't wait to hear the report in the morning

Danielle Atkinson on July 23, 2009 at 6:51 PM said...

So cute! I hope it continues to be an uneventful change for you all.

Annie on July 23, 2009 at 7:26 PM said...

I read your blog for a long time but I think this is my first comment.

The girls room is beautiful. I like the butterflies theme. So pretty.

My girls are 1 year older than your and also celebrate their birthdays in October (10).

Diana on July 23, 2009 at 8:17 PM said...

Cute room! What good girls! I hope ours will transition that easily when the time comes :)

Arjun and Indira on July 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM said...

I love the room, so perfect! That gate is awesome! Glad it went well, here is to more sleep!

Unknown on July 24, 2009 at 4:49 AM said...

Love their big girl room. Beautiful!

Nikki on July 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM said...

Found your blog thru kelly and was wondering where you got that gate?? Love the girls room

Kyrstyn on July 24, 2009 at 1:55 PM said...

Nikki,
I ordered it on Amazon. Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/KidCo-KID-G80-Configure-Gate/dp/B000056HMX/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1248468905&sr=8-21

KGplus3 on July 24, 2009 at 6:41 PM said...

OMG, I cannot blieve they are in big girl beds!!! It looks so pretty too. Glad it's going so well. Keep it up, Big Girls!!