CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Day at the Beach



Today Keith and I took the girls to the beach and we met up with Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie Danielle down there. It couldn't have been a more gorgeous day to enjoy the sunshine!

The girls had a blast, and this time they even loved playing in the water (last time they weren't so stoked on it). Kylee was even trying to jump over the waves as they came. It never ceases to amaze me how toddlers manage to cover every inch of their bodies in sand, but they sure have a great time doing it.

They played hard at the beach for a good 4 1/2 hours, and missed their usual afternoon nap. By the time we were finally done and in the car headed home, they were asleep before we made it to the end of the street and slept the entire way.

I didn't realize until I got home, that I had spent all day making sure that the girls were good and suncreened up that I neglected to put sunscreen on myself! Sadly, I have quite the sunburn because of it! Regardless, we had an awesome day!




3 comments:

Danielle Atkinson on July 14, 2009 at 6:18 AM said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I can't wait until the girls are old enough for a pleasant day-trip to the beach.

Go slather on the aloe!

Karen R on July 15, 2009 at 1:43 PM said...

yay for wave jumping! and for that great family time!

KGplus3 on July 16, 2009 at 10:26 AM said...

Looks like they had a blast! We still need to make our day at the lake date! ;-)