CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 20, 2009

No Potty Training for Now



This morning was the day I was going to start Potty Training the girls. They have both shown signs of readiness, and I figured that there was no harm in giving it a go. The girls got up, and we had a talk about big girl panties, going pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty, and telling mommy when they had to go. My plan was to put them in their panties, and take them to the bathroom every 15 minutes.

Well, one hour into Potty Training I made the executive decision that WE are not ready! Right now I have to be with them, and help them every step of the way despite the fact that they both have the ability to communicate if they need to go. It was very overwhelming! That is a lot of work when you have to do everything twice! I think I am going to wait until they can go somewhat more independently. It is definitely more work to stay on top of both of them, when I can just keep them in diapers for now and just stock up on the Duct Tape!

So maybe I am halting this mission based on my own reservations, but I just don't think now is the time. In the meantime, I won't discourage them using the potty. If they tell me they have to go, we will go but I am just not going to push the issue. It will all happen in due time.

However, I do have to say that they looked awfully cute in their Elmo Panties!

3 comments:

marcy on July 20, 2009 at 4:45 PM said...

Lol!! Although, I must agreee, they do look cute in the elmo panties.

Karen R on July 20, 2009 at 10:20 PM said...

I'm with you on that one--lots of work for the mommy!

KGplus3 on July 21, 2009 at 8:13 PM said...

You're soooo close to no more diapers- yeah! Hang in there. You're doin awesome. Did you switch them to their big girl beds??