CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 21, 2007

26 Weeks!!


Of course everyday we make it along still being preggo is a milestone, but today is a cool day because we are 26 weeks!! We are exactly 2 weeks away from our big milestone of 28 weeks! At 28 weeks so many things change. Their viability rates increase dramatically with less incidence of long term issues due to prematurity. If we can make it to 28 we will be so happy, and anything after that will just be icing on the cake.

Things are pretty much the same as they were before. My contractions started kicking up again yesterday afternoon, so they increased my dose of magnesium and it seemed to be working. The good thing is, is that I am not feeling most of these contractions, they are just being tracked on the monitor. Usually if you cannot feel them they are not going to cause any cervical change. However, it is still important to keep them under control.

My nurses here have all been great. They are all so good at what they do and passionate about all of their mom and babies. They come in and tell me success stories all the time, which is really helpful for me to keep my head up.

Like I have said in previous posts, everyone has been so wonderful, words cannot even describe. From visits, to phone calls, to emails...it is so nice to know that we are not alone. So many people already love these little girls. Keith's mom has been beyond amazing. She has been here everyday, making sure everything is taken care of. It has been wonderful, and I don't know what I would have done without her.

Amazingly, the days thus far have been going by fairly quickly, I just hope it continues be that way. Keith goes back to work today, so I think it will be good for him to get into some sense of a normal routine, as much as possible anyway.

I think that is all for now. I'm just patiently awaiting the coming of every new day!

0 comments: