CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

One Day at a Time


I really want to thank everyone for their outpouring of love and support for Keith, and the Girls and I through this very trying time in our lives.

I also want to apologize for not returning people's emails. Because I am restricted to laying straight on my back, it takes forever for me to type, so I find I can make the best use of my time posting a blog so everyone can see what is going on. I am just as bad as returning phone calls, and it does not help that I just got my phone charger the other day. Anyways, please don't take it personally if I don't respond right away.

I am now settled in my new permanent home until the girls come. I was transferred via Ambulance from Grossmont Hospital to Mary Birch, because they have a more specialized- Level III NICU, should the girls come early and need it. It is quite cozy, and several people have sent flowers that have really brightened it up.

My days are full of little accomplishments! Yesterday, my Dr. allowed me to have commode privileges (rather than using the bed pan) and that is sooooo great! It is so amazing what you take for granted until you are told you have to lay in a bed and cannot get up for any reason!!

My Perinatologist came is yesterday morning and kind of went over the game plan. We are going to hold tight doing what we are doing (strict bedrest etc...) for about a week, and then they are going to re-check my cervix. Depending on what the results of that are it can go one of 2 ways-I may be able to take a shower in a shower chair, or I may have to go back to using a bed pan. Lets hope for the first one. She said that we will be taking things one day at a time, and at this point there is not much that we can do except hurry up and wait.

I do have to take a minute to brag, and let everyone know that I am the luckiest woman on the face of this earth. My husband is amazing!! He gave me an endure bed bath, washed my hair (in BED!!), brushed it out for me (he said it would be practice for when the girls are here), and helped me change my clothes and my bed. I am so thankful to have him, and I really don't know what I would do without him. These little girls are going to have the best daddy in the WORLD!

The girls are still doing great. Their heartbeats are strong, and they are moving around as much as ever. At this point we are considered acute status, yet stable. They have removed the 24 contraction monitor and now only monitor for contractions every 4 hours for an hour at a time. The Magnesium seems to be working very well at stopping the contractions, so that is good. We have gotten through one more day, so that is 3 less days they will have to endure in the NICU.

At this point, no news is good news, and I am very happy with that. Everyday the girls get bigger and stronger and their chances of survival increases. I am hoping to hold on for a while longer, but unfortunately it is all out of my hands.

Lots of people have come by to visit, and I love having the company. So if you want to come by, you are more than welcome. It really helps the day fly by. Keith goes back to work on his regular rotation tomorrow, so we will see if the weekend goes as fast as this week did.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and continued support!! We Love you!!

0 comments: