CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Long Night...


Yesterday was Keith's first day back to work. I am not going to lie, I am a lot more anxious when he is gone. Thankfully I managed to get through it OK. I am hoping that once I get used to everything, it will just become like any other day, and I wont even think twice about it.

Keith's mom, dad, grandma and grandpa came down yesterday to celebrate the 26 Week NON-Birthday of the girls. His mom made cupcakes, and we had a little mini-party. It was fun! Siliva started a Memory Book for the girls, where everyone that comes to visits can sign and leave them a message. I thought that was a really cool idea, and then when the girls are old enough to understand they can see how loved they are and they aren't even here yet.

Laura came by with the coolest care package from everyone at the communications center. It is awesome, and has everything I could need while I am stuck in this bed. Including a Singing/Dancing Turtle that makes me laugh hysterically every time I see it. They also got me smell good stuff since I am not allowed to get up and take a shower. Then all the Goodies were packaged into an emesis basin signed by everyone. It was a really cool idea, and I LOVE it!! I'm sure my visitors love it to, because now I smell good!!

Michelle did the coolest thing yesterday too! She came by last night and brought me a contoured pillow, so my neck wont hurt so bad from laying flat in this bed, and a super soft-cuddly blanket. Its amazing how just these 2 little things can make a hospital room feel more like home. I love it.

So now for The long Night....

Since I have been here I have been having contractions all the time, but I have not been feeling most of them. The doctors and nurses agree that if I am not feeling them, that they are probably not causing cervical change. However, last night at around 7 or so I started feeling them, and they were speeding up in frequency and intensity. So my nurse called the Dr. and got an order for a shot of Terbutaline (a drug that helps stop the contractions). That seemed to help calm them down a bit,and then Michelle showed up to visit and it got my mind off of them so I think that helped as well.

So with the contractions under control, I figured we were going to have a quiet night and go to bed. Well the girls had a different idea. The nurse came in at 11pm to check the girls heart rates and put them on the monitor to make sure they are doing OK. My girls HATE the Heart rate game. I don't know if its the cold gel plopped on their heads, or if its just a fun game of hide-and-go-seek from the nurse or what?-but whatever it is, they don't like to cooperate one bit.

So after chasing them down the nurse finally gets baby B (Kaylyn) on the monitor and actually gets her to stay on the monitor, then she had to hunt down baby A (Kylee). After maneuvering and searching for Kylee, my nurse called in another nurse to come help her find her. How much room can they really have in there? Apparently, A LOT! So the other nurse comes in and finally finds her, but come to find out now that we have found her, her heart is beating irregularly.

So immediately the nurse pages the doctor and is frantically moving about (keep in mind its 2am by this point). Well to me, if it is important enough to page the Dr about this at this hour it probably means it is something serious. So then I start to worry. The Dr. calls back and tells the Nurses that they need to send me down to Labor and Delivery immediately!

OK, now I am REALLY anxious!!! Why do I have to go down to L&D? Are they going to deliver them?? All these crazy questions running through my head, and then my nurse came back in and said that I would get to stay in my room and the Dr. would bring in the Ultrasound machine to me and check things out. So that was a little more reassuring.

What seemed like hours later, the Dr. finally came and did the ultrasound. He did find that Kylee had a little bit of an Arrhythmia, and had some PAC's. But he said it is very normal, and it was probably from the Terbutaline shot they gave me earlier or the chocolate cupcake I ate. He said that this is very normal, and it would correct itself. He said it looks like I have "2 happy kids in there". So that was reassuring.

So after that big debacle, it was now 3am, and I was exhausted. I was able to sleep easier since the Dr had come up and told me everything was normal. I am hoping that today is much less eventful!

0 comments: