CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Gestational Diabetes?


So yesterday they gave me my 1 hour glucose test, and I failed miserably. You have to have a blood sugar of 130 or less, and I got a 169! So they were thinking that there was a possibility of me having Gestational Diabetes. So this morning they administered the 3 hour glucose test, and supposedly I passed. My nurse said that you have to have 2 abnormal results, and I only had 1, but the other 2 were extremely borderline to being abnormal. So there is a possibility it is still borderline, but for now it won't change anything. I have to wait and talk to my Dr. Hopefully I don't have it. I don't need anything else to worry about.

I think the girls had a growth spurt. I feel really large today. Usually when I am laying down my belly looks a lot smaller, but today for some reason it seems HUGE! I should really take some pictures.

I am really tired today. They started glucose test this morning at 5am, and I was up well before that. I also did not sleep very well last night. And since I took the Ambien (sleeping medicine) last night and didn't get the required sleep, I think I am still groggy today.

Other than the whole gestational diabetes thing, things have remained relatively quiet. Which is exactly how we like it. We are getting closer and closer to 27 weeks!

0 comments: