CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Holding Tight Until 28 Weeks


My Dr. did rounds yesterday and decided (after much anxiety and anticipation on my part) that she would not be measuring my cervix this week after all. There are a couple of reasons why she came to this decision, the first is there is no way my cervix glued itself back together so its not any better, and at this point any change in my cervix is not going to change my care unless I was needing to deliver the girls. Secondly, she didn't want to have to stick anything "up there" that is not absolutely necessary. She would just prefer to leave well enough alone. So at this point, I really cant tell you if things have progressed or stayed the same since I have been here. The important thing is that I am still pregnant.

I have noticed that I feel a lot more contractions lately, and it was a little concerning to me. I talked to my nurses and my doctors about it, and they said that the bigger the girls get the more I am going to feel the contractions. So I guess the fact that I can feel them means that they are growing!! Yeah! As long as I don't exceed 6 contractions in an hour I don't have to take the yucky medicine to stop the contractions. I have not had to do that in a couple of days.

So pretty much at this point, I am going to keep doing what I am doing until 28 weeks, which is our big Milestone! My Dr said at the 28 week mark she is going to take me off of the Mag (the medicine I am on for contractions), apparently it is not good to be on it long term. But since I was so early when I came in, they did not have much of a choice. They will also re-measure my cervix and measure the babies. Today we are 26 weeks 4 days, so things are moving right along!

These little girls are loved so much, and I just want them to keep cooking! The baby bash is coming up soon-next weekend already. Everyone better show up, because if you don't I will personally kick your ass when I am out of here. Keith could use the distraction from this place, and work and everything else going on.

I will try to keep things quiet today, and I will let you know if anything else changes!

0 comments: