CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

5 Months Old Today!!


Its hard to believe that 5 months ago today I gave birth to two of the most beautiful babies in the world! What a ride we have been on since! They continue to amaze me each and every day, and I am so very proud of their progress. Right now they are about 2 months adjusted, and so far do not have any lingering issues from their prematurity. We are incredibly lucky, and they are our little miracles!!

Today was definitely an adventure. Kylee woke up this morning kind of wheezy and coughing, so I called Keith and he wanted me to call the Dr. I took her in, and her lungs were a little junky and then they gave her in albuterol treatment in the Dr's office and sent me off to the hospital to have a chest x-ray done. The chest x-ray came back fine, so they are not thinking that she has pneumonia, but they haven't ruled out the possibility that she may have RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus). The Dr wants to see both of them tomorrow and see how they are doing, they will then determine if he still thinks they have it or not. There is a possibility that if she is still not feeling well that they may admit her to the hospital for a couple of days. Lets hope not!!

As of yesterday we finally have the insurance all straightened out. So I called the pharmacy to find out how much it was going to be to fill their prevacid prescription. The pharmacist told me that the new insurance requires the Dr to submit medical justification for the presciption and prior authorization from the insurance company. Ugh!! What a pain the you know what!! The cool thing is that the Dr gave us a Ton of Prevacid samples today, so that will buy us some time until this whole thing gets straightened out.

I got a call from the Bone Marrow bank today, and it turns out that the patient that I was a match with is not well enough to accept the transplant. I am super bummed, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully I will be a match for someone else in the future. It is something that I really want to do.

Keith picked up an overtime shift today at Rural Metro, and he was so excited to go to work today and actually run some calls! He is working right in the heart of downtown. His first call of the day was a CPR save. What a way to get back into the swing of things. It is so great that he has a career where he absolutely LOVES to go to work.

I think thats all for now. I hope all is well with everyone!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY 5 MONTH DAY!!! They are getting so big, they look "over cooked" and not "under cooked!!" I cant wait to see you all soon and I especially cant wait to see the girls Easter modeling session....hint hint:) I cant tell you enough how proud I am of your motherly skills, you are beyond awesome my friend! Love and miss you;)

Anonymous said...

I hope things were better for you today and you have all your babies at home with you tonight. Take care and I hope Kylee gets better!

Love,
Marcy

Outnumbered on March 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM said...

Happy 5 Months! Isn't it amazing how quickly it goes by? You're girls are so precious.

KGplus3 on March 10, 2008 at 2:41 PM said...

Happy 5 Month Birthday, sweet girls!! I hope you're feeling better today! :)