CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

We're All Better!!


A week after our sickness roller coaster began, I am happy to report that we are all healthy!! Despite Kaylyn spiking a fever on Wednesday (after I thought we were in the clear, and she had avoiding getting sick.), but one dose of tylenol took care of that and it didn't return. Kylee is back to her old self again and I am so relieved!

The girls have already started putting Everything in their mouths-their hands, clothes, blankets, toys. You name it. I am still wondering if they are going to be thumb suckers or not. The fun is just beginning!!

Within the last couple of days they both have really perfected tracking with their eyes. They will track things far away and close up, and they will even move their heads if the object moves in another direction. They absolutely LOVE ceiling fans. They will sit forever and stare at the fans. Hey, whatever makes them happy! They have even started looking at each other for the first time, but I am still not convinced that they have actually recognized each other yet. I have tried to put them really close together, but they don't seem to care that much as of yet.

Last night we moved one of the girls cribs into our room so they can practice sleeping in there. It was a little rough getting them to sleep, but once they fell asleep, they slept until about 2am. Once they woke up we fed them and they ended up back in the bed with us, but at least it is progress. Our goal is to get them sleeping through the night in their cribs and then we will move them into the nursery. We would like to make this transition soon, before they have the ability to develop bad habits, otherwise we are going to have children in our bed forever!!

Keith went back to work this morning for a 56 hour shift, so he won't be home until Tuesday afternoon. We are leaving Saturday afternoon for the River!! I am so excited! It should be so much fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm so glad they are both healthy again! Easter wkend at the river, how great and what a fantastic opportunity for....PICTURES, and lots of them!!! Ceiling fans r great, especially if you hang a streamer or something like that. Its all about the simple things. I know I post the same thing all the time, but I am so darn proud of you and your mommy skills! Love and miss u:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going well out there! I feel relief knowing I've caught up on the Naylor business :) I love the new pictures and can't wait to see them in their tiny weeny ORANGE bikinis!

Love,
Marcy