CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Easter River Trip!


Keith managed to get last Saturday off, so we were able to leave for the River last Wednesday and we came home yesterday (Monday), so we were gone for 6 days!! Its was so much fun, and the girls did great.

Up until last Friday afternoon it was only the 4 of us (Keith, the girls and I) and then the masses showed up. I am not sure exactly how many people there were, but it was A LOT! Everyone was really excited to see the babies, for some people this was the first time seeing them, and for others they hadn't seem them in quite a while.

Everyone was very impressed how big they are and how well they were doing. It was nice to have a lot of extra sets of hands to help out to give Keith and I a break. On Easter Sunday Keith's parents prepared a huge pig and did a hawaiian style pig roast. It was a ton of fun.

Kylee's newest favorite thing to do is to stick her tongue out and blow raspberries. She is equally as pleased to watch you blow raspberries at her. Its super cute. Kaylyn is very close to rolling over. She can roll over onto her side and then roll back on to her back. She has made it all the way over a couple of times, but she was definitely not pleased with the results. She doesn't like being on her tummy apparently.

Today was a rough day, and I am hoping its just because we are transitioning back from being gone for so long. Neither one of the girls has managed to take more than a 10 minute nap all day. They are both beyond Over Tired and incredibly fussy. Keith went back to work today, so its just been me all by myself and it has been really hard. I am hoping that they have a good night.

They have a Dr's appointment on Friday to get their Synagis shot. I am really looking forward to seeing how much they weigh. They are both getting so big, and they are even starting to fit into their 3-6 month clothes!

On Sunday the girls and I are going up to Orange County to a park and we are meeting up with several sets of twins and their moms. I am really excited. All the twins are in different age ranges (up to 3 or so I think) and it will be really fun to see what I'm in for.

I hope everyone had a great Easter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!!!! Thank you for taking pictures of the girls and posting them up right away! I feel like I'm in the baby loop:) They are getting so big and filling out their clothes, they and you have come a long way. As always, I am so very proud of you and Keith. Love and miss you!

Karen R on March 26, 2008 at 8:48 PM said...

Both girls have really grown into their eyes and faces. They are beautiful! Sounds like you are really doing great with twins

Heather & Chaos on March 27, 2008 at 2:36 PM said...

Have fun this weekend meeting up with the other MOM's. I wish I could have joined you guys (especially since I live in Orange County!) but I'll be camping this weekend. Enjoy and I hope the weather cooperates!