CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Our Adventure Today!


Marcy was in town this weekend, and ironically had a family function in Orange county and this morning was the day of my Twin mom gathering in orange county-so last night I drove down and picked her up and she came with me to help me out.

Originally I think there was supposed to be about 12 or so sets of twins with their moms meeting up at the Orange county zoo, but unfortunately the weather wasn't the greatest and it was cold and drizzly so a lot of them did not show up. There were 2 sets of 3 year old twins, my twins and a mom expecting twins. It was a fun visit.

I was amazed how well behaved the 3 year old's were, they didn't wander off and followed directions incredibly well. I cannot wait until the girls are older and can really enjoy such outings. It was also so nice that Marcy was able to come, it was such a huge help! The girls were both so good! They no longer sit in their carrier seats that snap onto the stroller, and they love to face forward and check everything out.

After we went to the zoo, we went over to Marcy's aunts house for the afternoon. Marcy's sister has a baby that's a few weeks older than the girls (she was full term, so she is much farther along developmentally) and it was so neat to see all the fun things she is into. It won't be long and Kylee and Kaylyn will be doing all kinds of new things!

Last night when I went to drive down to San Diego to get Marcy, I drove the car (better gas mileage), and apparently when I got home I forgot to bring in my purse. Well Keith took the car to work this morning (with my purse and wallet) and didn't even realize it until he was already there. So I am ID-less and Money-less until Tuesday morning when Keith comes home. Thankfully, I have plenty of formula and diapers to last until then. Hopefully nothing comes up in the meantime that I will need it.

Ever since we put the girls new "Big Girl" car seats in to go to the river, we have not switched back to the carrier car seats. The girls are so much more happy and comfortable in the bigger seats and it makes car rides so much less stressful without them crying the entire time. So far it has worked out just fine. The carriers were definitely a lot more easy and convenient, but they were starting to get really heavy with a total of 25lbs of baby! I guess it was just time. So far the only challenges I for see are if we go out to eat somewhere because the girls are not yet strong enough to sit up in a restaurant style high chair, other than that it is totally manageable.

We had a really fun weekend! I am exhausted though, and I think I am going to go to bed while I have the chance! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty page! I think Karen's giving you a run for your money on this blogging thing... Ha Ha! I'm so glad I got to hang out with you and the girls and I can't wait till you come out here!!!

Love,
Auntie Marcy

Karen R on March 31, 2008 at 3:19 PM said...

I was blown away by all the PINK when I opened your page...I think I actually physically moved back from the shock! I like it. It was good to see you this weekend. Till next time... -Karen & Addisyn

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! They are growing up soooo dang fast!!! I cant wait to see you guys and hold them!!!!! I know the girls will be beyond well behaved, how could they not be you and Keith are perfect examples:) Love and miss you!

Heather & Chaos on April 3, 2008 at 11:37 AM said...

I have a solution to your going out to eat at a restaurant scenario. Put the car seat carriers in the car and just use them at the restaurant! I've heard of a lot of people that do that (even with just one child) when they grow out the infant seats. I am so NOT looking forward to the time between when they grow out of them and they walk at getting them in and out of the car. UGH!!! Glad they like their big girl seats though!!!