CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Another day in Paradise!


The girls had a Dr's appointment on Friday, and all is well. Kylee now weighs 11lbs 1oz and Kaylyn weighs 12lbs even. I can hardly believe how big they are getting. The Dr did say that they will probably have to be on the prevacid for reflux for quite a while to come, possible even up to a year or longer. But that is fine, it makes them feel better and that is all that matters.

So our old insurance ended on Friday, and the new insurance was supposed to start yesterday. So yesterday morning I logged on to Keith's work website to see if I could get a group # or something so I could fill the girls prevacid prescription. Well not only was the information not there, it said that we still needed to choose the insurance we wanted. We just did this 3 weeks ago and spent like 4 hours doing it!

So then I called the pharmacy to see how much it would be if I just paid cash it, and it was going to be $153 each! There was no way I could do that! So I explained the situation to the pharmacist and they said I could pay for 4 pills, enough to get us through today (even that was like $35!). So I get my screaming, refluxing babies packed up and we went to the pharmacy to pick it up. Then we get home and I gave Kylee her medicine and she did just fine. Then I gave Kaylyn her medicine and not 5 minutes later she projectile vomits all over herself, me, Kylee and EVERYTHING anywhere near us. The worst of it was that she threw up the pill that I had just given her! UGH!! The rest of the day was a little better, my brothers came over and watched the girls for a bit so I could grab a shower, and then Keith's parents came over for dinner. Pretty mellow, nothing too exciting.

Keith ran his first call of his Miaramar career yesterday. Yes, he has worked there for about a month now! Amazingly it was even followed by a 2nd call. Two in one day!! He was very happy and said it was nice to actaully feel like a Paramedic again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

All in a days work! I hope the insurance issue gets resolved, I'm sure you fixed that good! I cant believe how big they're getting!!! I cant wait to see the girls' "summer spread" hint hint!!!! Love you:)