CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

31lbs of Baby!


We did an unofficial weigh in earlier this week when we were down at grandma and grandpa's house and Kaylyn weighed about 16lbs and Kylee weighed in at 15lbs. I cannot believe how big they are getting!

We have been working on solid foods, and everyday they get better and better at it. So far we have tried sweet potatoes, peas, and prunes. I had to move to the prunes because I also started giving them oatmeal in the evenings and it was causing them to be incredibly constipated. The prunes really seemed to help with that. I also started mixing the oatmeal with apple juice to help keep things moving along. So far it seems to be working!

Both of the girls Love to stand now. They get such a kick out of themselves, its great! Kaylyn finally found her feet, although she is not nearly as interested in them as Kylee is.

Today marks one week of CIO. I would say that it is going pretty well. Although its incredibly hard to listen to them cry, they are sleeping so much better and for longer periods of time. They are also so much happier when they are awake. I would have to say its definitely worth it. Keith and I actually have time to spend together again because bedtime doesn't take 3 hours! Not to mention I feel like a much better mommy because I am rested and have the energy to play with and enjoy my babies.

We are going to the River next week, and Grandma and I have been in search of life jackets for the girls so they can go on their first boat ride. Let me tell you, its no easy task to find infant life jackets! Apparently not a lot of people take their babies on boats. I finally found 2 today, and they are so cute! The best part is they were on sale, buy one get one 50% off- That's our kind of deal!!

Tomorrow will be my first mothers day, and unfortunately Keith is working. I am going to take the girls down to the fire station, and all the firefighters/paramedics are going to make the mommies dinner. It should be a lot of fun.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, and Happy Mothers day to all the Mommies tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are getting so big and seem to be on target! HAPPY 1ST MOTHER'S DAY!!!! I cant wait to see pix of the girls on their 1st boat ride....hint hint....;)

marcy on May 11, 2008 at 7:38 AM said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! It sounds like everything is going wonderful and I hope it continues... Enjoy your mommy dinner tonight, that's pretty neat that they let the guys do that.

Karen R on May 11, 2008 at 7:55 PM said...

Happy Mother's Day! I was going to tell you Costco for lifejackets, but looks like you found an even better deal. Congrats again on getting more sleep!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day! You do such an amazing job & I'm so lucky to be able to come to you for advice and friendship. Kristin

Heather & Chaos on May 13, 2008 at 2:56 PM said...

I hope your first Mother's Day was fantastic!! They are so big now! =) I never even though to add apple juice to the oatmeal/rice cereal. I'll have to remember that the next time I feed it to them! Thanks!