CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Im a Crazy Woman!


I think I have officially lost any sanity I had remaining! For the past few nights both of the girls have been waking up at 1am and refuse to go back to sleep. We try to feed them and they will only eat 1oz, if that. So that tells me that they are not hungry. They will continue to cry and cry, but when I pick them up they instantly stop crying. So that tells me that nothing is wrong. So today in my complete and utter sleep deprived state, Keith and I made the executive decision to begin Cry It Out (CIO) Sleep Training. We only wanted to use CIO as a last resort, and that time has come.

I figured while I am at it I might as well do away with Swaddling and Binkies as well. Why not get it all done in one fail swoop?!?! One of the problems with their sleep habits is that they spit out their binkies and get mad and if they are swaddled they can't do anything about it. On the flip side if we unswaddle them and leave their binkies, they swat at their face and lose their binky and get mad. So its a no win situation. Its time to do away with both!

Let me tell you this CIO is NOT for the faint at heart. It is so hard to have to listen to them cry. I just want to run in there and rescue them, but I know that will not benefit any of us. Its going to be a rough few days, but I am hopeful that it will be great for everyone in the end.

Our first attempt at this new routine went well, I put them in their cribs and they only cried for about 15 minutes and slept for an hour and a half. Bedtime was a little different story. Kalyn cried for about 30 minutes until she fell asleep, and Kylee cried for over an hour until she was out. I guess we will have to see how tonight goes. To top it all off Keith got mandatoried at work today so he will not be home until Monday morning, so I am doing all of this solo!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. I will keep you updated on how things are going on our end. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck hun!!! It works, just keep it consistant. It will tear you up inside but after a couple of days the girls will get it:) Love and miss you~!

marcy on May 4, 2008 at 4:20 PM said...

Hopefully your training will work and things will get better! They are going to sleep, so I guess that is good news... Hopefully the rest of last night went better for you