CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Solid Foods


This morning I got a call from the girls Dr, I had tried contacting her earlier in the week but since I hadn't heard from her I went ahead and made the girls an appointment for tomorrow. Anyway, I talked to her about the girls prevacid dose and she suggested rather than giving them the entire 15mg solutab at once, to break it in half and give half in the morning and half at night. I am hoping that works. She also gave us the go ahead for Solid Foods!!!

We are going to start with veggies and the cereals (rice, oatmeal, and barley) and then we will move on to the yummy fruits. Their Dr told me to give them one veggie for 5 or 6 days to rule out any food allergies and then move forward with the next one. Keith picked Sweet potatoes for their very first solid meal. They did great with it, and even seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. Its fun to add a new dimension to our days!

So needless to say, since I talked with their pedi this morning there is really no need for the girls to go in tomorrow to see her. I went ahead and canceled their appointment. I am a little disappointed because I was really looking forward to seeing how much they weigh, but I have to take them in at the end of this month for a check up so we will find out then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you anything now that they are eating solid foods, bedtime will start getting much easier and sleepy time will be longer!!! Love and miss ya:)

marcy on May 3, 2008 at 4:16 PM said...

Man...I was looking forward to seeing how much they weigh too! Glad they like the sweet potatoes though. Hopefully they'll be good little eaters for you! So i've been trying to get ahold of you. Did you ever get your new car???

Karen R on May 6, 2008 at 11:17 AM said...

sweet potatoes--yum yum! They gave Addisyn gas the first time we tried them, but she is fine with them now. She LOVES them!