CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I am the Worst Mommy Ever!!


Kaylyn woke up at the crack of dawn this morning and needless to say I wasn't exactly ready to start the day. So I brought Kaylyn into bed with me (Keith had already left for work for the day) and gave her a bottle. Apparently, I accidentally fell back asleep and the next thing I knew, I heard a loud Thump! She had rolled off the bed!! I immediately called Keith, and he thought it was pretty funny and reassured me that she was fine. I really think it traumatized me more than it did her. She didn't even hardly cry, but I still feel terrible.

Kylee is so close to getting up on all 4's! She can get her legs under her, and push up with her hands but she hasn't quite mastered lifting up her head. They both want to crawl so bad, but they are not strong or coordinated enough just yet.

For the last couple of nights Sleeping through the night has gone out the window! Don't get me wrong, its not nearly as bad as it used to be (waking up every 2 hours at least!), but it was so nice for the few days that it lasted. They have been waking up between 4-5am, sometimes they will go back to sleep and sometimes they won't. I'm ready to get back on the 12hr sleep routine!

I hope everyone is having a great Father's day weekend! We don't have any big plans for Keith's first father's day. I think we are going to avoid the crowds and spend time at home as a family.

5 comments:

marcy on June 14, 2008 at 6:49 PM said...

Good Job mommy! J/K! I love you, and you are an awesome mommy to two awesome girls (that will soon be sleeping through the night again)!! Take care and have a wonderful father's day with the family :)

Karen R on June 15, 2008 at 9:07 PM said...

well at least you waited this long... I let Addisyn fall onto bricks at one week--talk about GUILT!

Happy Father's Day Keith!

sleep will come again, even if it's not consistently every night, you will be pleasantly surprised on occasional mornings that you got to sleep and you will be happy on those days :-)

Tamara on June 16, 2008 at 2:36 PM said...

I think we all have a similar story. My husband (whom has gained a few pounds since the girls' arrival) had Lily sleeping on his belly when he himself feel asleep. Needless to say, she rolled right off his belly and woke screaming!

Don't feel too badly, I think babies are resilient when it comes to mommmy mishaps!

Anonymous said...

It happens to the best of us! Don't be so hard on yourself, you are so dang close to perfect! One little bounce is not gonna hurt either of them, she probably can't wait to do it again! Love and miss:)

Outnumbered on June 17, 2008 at 3:45 PM said...

Hugs! We've all had our "bad mommy" moments, don't stress it! I'm finally catching up on your blog and I am amazed at how quickly your girls are growing and learning new things! Way to go mama and girls!