CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our Trip to the Fair


Today we took the girls to the Del Mar Fair. We had quite the entourage, Grandma, Grandpa, great-grandma, Uncle Ryan, Leah and Noah all went with us. It was a lot of fun, but it was a mad house! There were so many people, and I hate big crowds but the girls were so incredibly good. It doesn't help that when you have twins you are stopped constantly and asked a ton of "twin" questions.

I did encounter my first Rude twin comment today! A lady walked up to me and said: "Twins? How terrible! I am so sorry", and I said "Actually I love being a twin mommy, I am glad that I have 2! They are a blessing", and she said "I own a pair of my own, just wait until they turn 2", and I said "I didn't know you could OWN kids like you own a PAIR of shoes"...and she walked away. In my opinion, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all.

Yesterday we spent the day at G & G's house and the girls enjoyed having a little "Nakey" time on the lawn (on a blanket of course). They must have laid out there for over 2 hours, just playing and laughing. It was so much fun!

We are starting the countdown for Hawaii! We leave 1 week from Tomorrow!! Keith's parents are going to have fun keeping them for the 6 days that we are going to be gone. I am going to miss them terribly, but Keith and I are ready for a well deserved vacation. The girls just better not do anything too new and exciting while we're gone or I am going to be heartbroken!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY ONE MORE WEEK!!!!! Good job on putting that lady in her place! She is soooooo lucky she did not know you prior to having the girls!!! I cant wait to see more pix and pix of you, love and miss you:)

Karen R on June 18, 2008 at 7:46 PM said...

how rude of that woman! sounds like you put her in her place!

6 days away from babies, wow! You are going to totally enjoy your freedom! The girls will love G&G and won't unlatch from you when you see them again :-)