CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Developmental Appointment




Since the girls were so premature, they had an appointment yesterday to see how they are doing developmentally. The appointment went great!! They are right on track for their adjusted age, and very close to being at their actual age developmentally! They did great on all of their tests, and passed with flying colors. They don't need any kind of therapy, and don't have to be seen again for 9 months! I couldn't be happier! I really feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have worried about this since they were born, and its so nice to know that they are right on track. Thank you for all of your well wishes and positive thoughts, it definitely paid off!!!

Kaylyn weighed 17lbs 12oz and Kylee weighed 16lbs 8oz. They are on the charts for their actual age, and over the 100th percentile for their adjusted age. I have little porkers.

After their appointment we went and had dinner with one of our favorite NICU nurses Jennifer. It was so much fun to get to see her and catch up. She had not seen the girls since they were discharged from the NICU back in December, and she was amazed at the progress they had made.

4 comments:

Karen R on July 18, 2008 at 3:15 PM said...

That is AWESOME news!!! You must be taking good care of them and keeping them well stimulated. Congrats to you, mommy and daddy!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so dang proud of you! You make motherhood look easy:) I love and miss ya!

marcy on July 18, 2008 at 9:06 PM said...

Was there some variance in the scales? I thought Kaylyn was over 18lbs. Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can come will see you next weekend!! I have a pretty good feeling about it though :) Miss all of you...

Cynthia on July 20, 2008 at 2:14 PM said...

The girls are just amazing!! GREAT news!!!!