CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

She wants to Do It herself!


Kaylyn is really trying to hold her own bottle, unfortunately she is neither strong nor coordinated enough to do so just yet. It makes it really frustrating when I am trying to feed her and she will put her hands on the sides of the bottle and inadvertently push the bottle out of her mouth. Not only is this extremely messy, it makes feeding time twice as long! Hopefully she will either learn to hold it herself or get over this little phase because its rather annoying. Kylee will put her hands on the sides of the bottle to "help" you, but she leaves it put. I can handle that!

We are at the beginning stages of reaching out and grabbing things. Before if their hand conveniently happen to find something they would grab it and check it out. Now when they see something that peeks their interest they will grab it and play with it.

We have been trying to do tummy time more and more each day, but its not their favorite thing to do. Sometimes they will tolerate it for a minute here and there, but they won't spend any extended period of time on their bellies. It seems as though the more we have been doing it, the more understanding they are of the whole process.

Bedtime at our house lately has been such a nightmare!! I feel like we have tried EVERYTHING and it still ends up being a 3 hour scream fest. What we have had to do is separate them to get them to go to sleep and then once they are asleep we move both of them into our room. That is the only thing that has even made a slight difference, only because they can't wake each other up. They are still way too young for full blown cry it out, so we are left juggling 2 babies until they finally crash. I wish there was a magic solution, so far we haven't figured it out! They are both still waking up between 1 and 2 times a night, that hasn't changed.

Keith is back to work today. It was nice having him home for 7 days, but I guess 1 of us has to work in order to live. I hope all is well with everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey my friend! Parenthood fits you and Keith like a glove! I wish I had a solution to your sleep issue, all I can remember at this point is that it happend at 13months old when we finally realized he did not like his crib but loved the waterbed.(Yes, I know I'm old!) I love the pix of the girls, I cant get over how big they are! Love and miss you:)

marcy on April 9, 2008 at 7:20 AM said...

You poor thing! All i can say is that soon enough it will be over and this will all be a distant memory. Remember this when you are trying to wake them up for school in a few years! Keep up the hard work and know that it will pay off when they can utter the words "I love you mommy!" Take care sweetie and try and get some sleep!