CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 5, 2007

28 Weeks!!


Yay!! We made it to our first big Milestone of 28 weeks!! Another Non-Birthday has arrived!! This is huge because it is the time when a lot of the significant risks and complications associated with preemies disappear. My Dr says they have close to 100% viability and over 80% GOOD viability at this point, so that is tremendously better odds than what we were looking at when we started this Pre-Term labor adventure at 25 weeks. Hosital Bedrest is paying off!!!

Last night was much better. I was actually able to get some sleep. It is amazing what a difference a little sleep makes! However, this morning my contractions started up again, and this time they were more painful than ever. I like to think I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but seriously these contractions made me want to curl up into a ball and disappear. They had to give me my Contraction Shot of Turbutaline (that's the one I hate because it makes me feel like a crack head), and even that didn't take the edge off. Luckily, they just started to die down on their own for now.

So much for being first on the list to be scanned this morning. My Dr. came in and immediately she had to do an emergency C-Section. She just came back and told me it would probably be sometime this afternoon because she has 2 procedures scheduled for this morning. I am sooo ready to just get it over with!!

I know, I know, this whole experience is a lesson on Patience. Everyone knows that I am the princess of instant gratification. I truly believe that this whole experience is to teach me the critical parenting skill of Patience. And you know, it just might be working.

That's all for now. I will update with the results from the scan!

0 comments: