CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 19, 2007

I would have been 30 Weeks Preggo Today



The girls are now 13 days old, and have made tremendous progress in such a little time. Every day I just love them more and more, and I can't wait to bring them home.

Kylee is back on the Nasal Cannula and doing well. However, I decided that she hates me. I tried to do Kangaroo care with her yesterday for the first time and she just was not having it. She screamed the whole time (not her cute little kitten cry-but a scream). So I put her back to bed, and her nurse tried to start and IV in her foot, and she didn't even flinch. Its a great feeling knowing my daughter would rather be stuck by a needle, than have me hold her. We will try to Kangaroo today, and maybe she will like it better this time. Kylee is up to 9ml of breast milk every 3 hours. They will keep increasing it until she is at a full feeding (that could take a while because a full feeding is about 23ml's)

Kaylyn on the other hand is all about Kangaroo care. She is so cozy being cuddled up with me, she seems to love it. We got the results back from her cardiac ultrasound, and her valve is still open in her heart. It is small, and she is not having any symptoms, so they are going to try another round of medicine and hopefully this time it will do the trick. She is doing so well, that they Dr said he hates to send her to surgery because that would be a step backwards in her progress, and since it doesn't seem to be affecting her too much we are gonna sit on it a while longer and hope it closes. Unfortunately, when she is on this medicine, they have to stop her feedings because the medicine upsets her tummy. So she will not start feeding again until Sunday. I'm OK with that, I would much rather have her take this medicine and close the valve, and work on the feedings later.

My little girls are so amazing. They are incredibly strong, and I am really hoping that their progress continues without many regressions. The less bumps in the road, means the sooner they will be able to come home. Today they are both going to have a follow up ultrasound of their heads, just to make sure everything is good. So far all of their head ultrasounds have been normal, so I am hoping this one is to.

Its hard to believe that they will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. It has been the fastest longest 2 weeks of my life.

0 comments: