CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sleep Is Over-rated Anyway!


Last night was a really long night, I think I managed to get a total of 30 min of sleep the whole night. Maybe its practice for when I bring my newborn twins home! Regardless, it sucked and now I am going to be tired all day.

My contractions started getting really bad yesterday around 4pm or so. So they did they usual dose of Niphedipine, which did nothing. The contractions continued to increase in quantity so they called the Dr and they increased my magnesium, which did nothing. So I am still contracting at about 12 an hour and I am only allowed 6 an hour. I miss the contractions that I could not feel! I can definitely feel these contractions, and it is not fun!! So I guess I will have to wait until the Dr. makes rounds today to figure out what the heck they are going to do.

All of this contraction action was not helped by the fact that I really did not care for my nurse tonight. She kept coming in and wanting to put the babies on the heart monitor. I told her that I don't want to irritate my uterus any more than it already was, and I wanted to wait until my contractions were under control. I can feel the babies move, I am sure they are fine. She got a little huffy with me and explained her "Clinical Perspective" again...and again. And I explained my "Motherly Perspective"-that I don't want 2 plastic dopplers being pressed and angled against my uterus when I am contracting the way that I am! If my girls were good at going on the monitor, and they could set the doppler down and that was that, it would be a different story. No, my girls HATE this game and fight it tooth and nail. Yesterday afternoon it took over 3 hours to get them on the monitor, and I am not about to have by uterus bothered and probed for 3 hours when its contacting the way it is on its own.

So...Ugh! Just a long, long night. I am going to try and get a little sleep before I get bombarded by the day crew nurses. Sorry if this blog has a grumpy tone, I am not in the best of moods, as if you couldn't tell!

0 comments: