CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Kangaroo Care :)



Both of the girls are doing remarkably well. I am just hoping that we continue on this forward path, and our steps backwards are kept to a minimum.

Both of the girls are now off of CPAP, and on a Nasal Cannula. They both seem to be doing really well with it. They just put Kylee on it last night so we will see how she does.

On Sunday they removed Kaylyn's arterial line in her belly button, so we are now allowed to hold her. Isn't it crazy that the first time I got to hold my daughter was when she was 8 days old! I think its been the longest 8 days of my life. Yesterday was the first time Keith and I both got to do Kangaroo Care with Kaylyn. Kangaroo care is when you put the baby under your shirt on your chest. The skin to skin contact is really good for the baby. It was awesome!!

They were talking about taking out Kylee's arterial line last night, but her latest blood gas was a little borderline, so they are going to wait until the morning and do another gas, and if its good then they will take it out. I cannot wait to be able to do Kangaroo care with her. Its really hard when you get to do some things with one baby and not the other. I know, I know I just have to be patient...

Everything else is good. They are both gaining weight and now being fed 2ml of breast milk every 3 hours. They are not digesting as well as we would like, but we are making progress. Premature babies tummies are often not mature enough to process and digest food right away. Some times it takes a few tries, and that is where we are at.

I started driving again today. Usually you are supposed to wait 2 to 4 weeks, but I talked to my Dr and she said as long as I am not on pain medicine I can drive. It was really nice to get my freedom back, even if my freedom consists of driving back and forth from the hospital. It is just nice to not have to depend on someone else to get me there, I hate being a burden.

Everyday I am one day closer to bringing my babies home!! I cannot wait...

0 comments: